Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My fever running Shane Boy!

I just had a conversation with my nephew Paul and he told me that Shane was taken to the hospital on Tuesday with a very high fever with seizures.    My body underwent a series of heartbreak for my darling little boy.  Just the night before, I was skyping with him and he was fine.


Shane's home again but he's still running a high fever which is common in pre school children.  Becky, him mom is a pediatrician which makes me feel better.   She knows what to do.


And all this brought back a memory of  Jeff when he was about 3 years old.   He was running 105 degrees and he was admitted to the hospital.   We never did find out what was wrong with him but he was mighty sick.   I remember his coming into our bedroom to say  the sky was falling on his feet.   He didn't know how to say he was dizzy.


This was such a bad time in our lives.  We knew our baby was terminal and we rushed her up to Allen's mother to baby sit while we took our other child to the hospital.   During that same day she phoned and said the baby was crying and we had to get her because my father in law was recooperating from a heart attack.

Where to go first.   Jeffy did not want me to leave him.   I recall the nurse asking him if he had pooped that day and he didn't understand what she was talking about.   That's not what we called it.


We were a little more baby sophisticated.


Anyway, the fever passed and all was well.....for a little while.   We still had our sick baby and that you don't get over.


And now here I am at this old age remembering....

No comments: