Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Memories of New Kensington, Pa...and I found Fred!


Hilda Gordon posted to Fred Lukac
Fred, I'm so happy that our toy store in downtown New Kensington, had an impact on your life. Those days are just memories now. Thanks.
Fred Lukac Hilda.....I can remember it as if it were yesterday. That was probably 35 years ago. Downtown was a great place. They say its better to love and lost than to never had loved at all. Well, at least we have the memories of the good old days.

Hilda Gordon I'm curious to know if you came into our store looking for football shoulder pads...or did you just stumple on this them. Were they sturdy enough to protect you? We really didn't carry too much sports equipment being we were right next door to Jacobs Sporting.

 

Fred Lukac The pads were for backyard football only. I'm not sure how much they protected me or not. All I know is that i was one excited little boy.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was so excited when I found this young man who actually recalls going into our toy store.  I often wonder if anyone has memories of  visiting our store when they were downtown.
My husband and I operated this magical kingdom groomed for little boys and girls.   We tried very hard to have an inventory related for the well-being of our young customers....and to make them happy and good memories.
Our town has died as did a lot of the downtowns across America.   Malls took over and then bigger stores like Children's Palace and Costco.
We were the mom and pop stores that unfortunately no longer exist today.

No comments: