Monday, May 23, 2011

Eric and Becky get married!


When I think about Eric's and Becky's recent lovely wedding, I have to go back two generations. When Eric's grandparents, whom he never met stood under the chupa exchanging vows that lasted 11 years.
That was all the years Elayne, my sister, had. They had one son, Paul!

Then when Paul and Barbara, in Maryland, exchanged those same meaningful vows, under their chupa...and they begat Eric and Ryan, my two wonderful great nephews.

And now it was Eric's turn...he grew up and found a lovely girl to marry. I went to their wedding, and and in the true tradition of Jewishness, they were also married under a chupa.

While all this was going on, looking at their sweet backs, my mind returned  to the other weddings that brought this one to be created....and my mind recalled these lovely memories....until I heard Eric's foot stomp down on the glass and I knew that my Eric and Becky were One in the Eyes of God.

How Blessed Am I that I have been allowed  to be present at these 3 weddings that brought me here..today...to this moment!

I feel so full of loving emotion as I write this...and wish for them the happiest journey that life can bestow!.....be happy, my children!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Barb-wire said...

oh what beautiful words! It was a wonderful wedding and how happy we all are that you could be there for the most memorable of moments. I think back on when Eric what little and he learned to "hold" your hand...now he holds Becky's hand forever! I think back on Ryan and how Eric had to tell me what he said and now Daniela can interpret! I look back but now have a future to look forward to seeing their love grow and more little Burgers.

virginia said...

yes, this was a beautiful blog, one of your best i think...and you are SO blessed

you have great memories to share

i wish the newlyweds a most wonderful life together, and more happiness than they could ever have imagined

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture. And your words were so wonderful. I hope they have a long and happy life together. They are also blessed to have YOU in their lives.