Monday, March 7, 2011

Are all Unions getting busted?

It sure is a sad state of affairs especially in the state of Wisconsin.   My Father was a very staunch union advocate....he was president of his local union.  If not for this, he never would have had a vacation.   I recall when I was about  6 or 7 my father said goodby to us at the railroad station.   We were going for 2 weeks to Atlantic City, but without my father.   I remember looking out the window watching him wave to us...and my tears streamed.

If unions are removed from our society...then we have no middle class.   I'm thinking of school teachers who really do their best to bring our children to be the very best they can be.

The world, as we knew it, will never be the same as it was.  It all has to do with cheap imports who employ people at a fraction of what our union workers are earning.    And the workmanship is surprisingly good.   Go to any Dollar Store and you'll know what I mean.

It concerns me much the world we're leaving to our children.    There used to be a popular song.....Look For The Union Label.......well, let's start  doing that again.   I'm going to try!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO7VUklDlQw

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also think it's time to buy "made in America" products, so what if they cost a little more, save up the money and buy American. they are probably made much better than the "cheap" imitation we import from China. I think it's horrible that almost every product I pick up in a store has a "made on some other country"
on its label. People in the U.S.A.
better wake up fast. China owns us
now and we need to change that, like yesterday.....

\My life today said...

Thanks again, Pat. It's hard for just the two of us to make a difference. Figure out how we can spread the message...we do have the internet...but not the know -how.

ramonmachtesh said...

Every union but the union of industrialists, and the union of former members of congress.

The time to start saying "buy American" was 1976, before the Asian "miracle" export economies (fascism by purely economic means) really gathered a head of steam.