Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Sister and I!

We shared a bed, my sister Elayne and I. We wern't allowed to take toys to bed...so we made do with all we had.

MY FEET!

I was about 4 and Elayne 7...and we played 'feet'. What exciting times we had. Elayne would create a story and my feet were the characters in the play. If it was sad, I would curl my toes down. If there was happiness...I would spread my toes apart. Real actresses my feet to her fabulous stories. She was the director...and I followed her every command, because my feet were the stars of the show.

We did this for many years.

I lost my Sister when she was only 36....and we really never discussed our 'feet years'.

I haven't thought about this for years! What brought it to mind...I dunno!

My Father would yell up the stairs...all right girls....tomorrow's another day......and then we would go to sleep.

I really loved my Sister...and miss her still!

3 comments:

virginia said...

WHAT A SWEET, SWEET REMEMBRANCE...I AM AN ONLY CHILD SO MISSED OUT ON LOTS OF THESE KINDS OF THINGS...I COULD SLEEP WITH MY DOLLS, BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE HAD A SISTER...IF ONLY FOR A SHORT TIME...TO BE MISSED AFTER ALL THESE YEARS IS A WONDERFUL TRIBUTE TO HER, AND TO YOU!

\My life today said...

"i know, i cant hardly believe it- we had the kids watch with us, i was crying the whole time_ we even had Jacob and rebecca watch the night he won the nomination. they are such a beautiful family. on another subject the story you wrote about your sister in your blog was incredible. i mean it. the way you wrote it enabled the reader to experience and really feel the joy you shared with your sister. im making steve read it ( and he deosnt read!) love robin"

\My life today said...

Thanks Robin...lots of memories flooded my mind with these childhood memories.