Monday, April 30, 2007

If that's all there is, my friend!

In the 40's Peggy Lee wrote a song "If that's all there is, my friend, if that's all there is...then bring out the booze and let's keep dancing!

This song entered my mind today because a dear friend of mine was going over some things that were part of an estate.

Our kids can't take our things...you can't put 2 houses in 1 house. So what to do with these treasures that lined our wall units and made our houses interesting.

Is this what happens when a house is made barren by deaths and illness.

We collected over the years...and then ....all for naught.

Perhaps Peggy Lee was right. I really don't know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, some of those things, your children will keep just to remind themselves of you and the happiness you've brought into their lives! So, when discarding things, ask yourself, will these bring a memory and joy to my children?