Thursday, April 19, 2007

April 19--another beautiful Thursday

I sit here at the computer my kids got me and I have lots to say but I'm extremely heartsick about what happened at Va. Tech...the college that Jeff attended...then Eric and then Ryan...the Hokeys.

There's soo much blame to go around...so many signs were missed or sluffed off...and it could have been avoided but no one really wants to interfere or listen.

Before this, nobody even heard of a little town called Blacksburg, Va. Now the entire world is aware of it. Will we be more aware of troubled souls who can do such evil.

I remember when we all made this trip with a 'dolly' to carry in Jeff's things...a little refrigerator...black and white tv....no computer since there weren't any. Jeff was taking computer science...a new subject..and he had a new Texas Instrument Calculator to replace his sliderule. Should we have kept them...would that be a 'collectible today!!!! We also schlepped lots of towels, blankets and sheets.

We weren't alone...every other parent was doing the same thing.

I remember on the return trip home, I knew that our lives would never be quite the same again.

And that's when Jeff took his first airplane trip home. We couldn't wait!!!

No comments: