Monday, January 1, 2018

Here it is...the first day of January 2018.  There .. I wrote it!   Can't believe I'd be privileged to live this long in this planet! 

G-d has been very generous with my years and I feel so humble to have lived this long and accomplished very little to mankind or should I say womankind (if that's a word).

I think about things and wonder if I had been conceived a long before or a month after, would I be another person! 

Our teachings tell us that our soul is alive the moment we are conceived.  If our parents had married different partners, would I still be the same person?

I am at the later part of my life and I live in a residential home for retired folks...and we all wonder how we ended up here.

Each of us lived a life and were productive and loved.   Now here we are.  Most of us have a grownup child who lives nearby.  I am very fortunate that I have Jeff and Donna...also Paul and my friend Virginia.

Most of us need to be needed because that's how we lived our entire lives...serving others.

Now it's just for ourselves.   But don't think I'm complaining.   I'm very fortunate that I can afford to be here and sit in the dining room and get served.................

I hope that this year will be kind to everyone.

No comments: