Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Aw January... tis cold even though I live in Florida.   Time to bring out our winter clothes.  I imagine some of the sweaters that the folks are wearing in our dining room are may 25 years old....but that's okay because I didn't know them then, so they're all new to me, and I compliment them and then they admit how long they've been hanging in their closet just waiting to be worn.

Our dining room at Marion Woods seats 4 at a table and we're not supposed to save seats for anyone, but everyone kinda knows who sits where.

We wait one half hour between courses, I think so we can socialize.   But a couple of years ago I developed a hearing problem so I'm a bit handicapped.   With all the sounds around me it's difficult to understand what my newly found friends are saying to me, so I just smile and nod.

I just got back from the audiologist and he adjusted my hearing aids, so maybe I can appear a little brighter at our dining table.

People are friendly here...and we all relate to the same time in life...the great depression and world war two.

We understand one another.  Most people here have walkers to help support them in walking.

I'm getting used to it.

No comments: