Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Toilet Paper

This is such an odd subject to write about but it's an everyday fact of life...toilet paper.  At this place where I now reside, they provide us toilet paper.

Now the quality isn't quite what I'm used to...but hey, it does the job!   My first complaint is that when I tear off the outer layer of paper and have the roll in my hand, I can't figure out where it starts to unravel.   I roll it round and round in my hands and it has no beginning....so I have to be creative and make one.   Now some of the rolls have a bent cardboard in the center and refuses to unwind so this deed must be done by hand.

Now the single ply paper is very thin...so we must use twice as much on our tushies....which cost the management twice as much.    Doesn't make sense!

Which got me thinking about what folks did before toilet paper was invented....what did people use.   I googled it and found that many used leaves or pages from a Sears and Roebuck catalog.

This brings to mind many years ago my husband Allen and I were in Publix and Allen was in the next aisle and I shouted over to him to put toilet paper in our cart.   He yelled back...scented or unscented.  I responded and said unscented.   The gentlemen next to me said...You Think You Smell So Good!

I never quite forgot that.   Life is funny!

No comments: