Thursday, January 4, 2018

3 o'clock in the morning and I'm slumbering under my cozy quilt...and then suddenly this loud sound wakes me up....it's my smoke alarm.   This is not a dream....now I'm fully awake.

I rush over to my heater and turn it off thinking it's on overload and that it's just my apartment.  The loud sound gets louder.

What to do...what to do!

And then I remember my emergency alert button....so I use it.  The person at the other end asks if I smell smoke...which I do not...and he informs me that help is on the way.

I open my door and see that everybody is up and the entire building is buzzing with that noise...now I know how everyone looks in that pajamas.

The fire  department is here with about 7 firemen...but  they don't know how to fix it.

In the meantime, George our manager, has been called and he comes as soon as he can get here.

Now I'm aware that this is not an emergency....just a happening.

George turns it off...and the hallway is silent.

Everyone returns to their apartments....to try to get back to sleep.  I'm so elated that this wasn't something drastic and we can return to our regular lives.

I give thanks!

No comments: