Friday, September 11, 2009

Cutting back before a hurricane!

There was a big racket outside my bedroom window and I peeked out to see just what was going on.

It was a 'happening' all right. The 'tree clipper people' were right outside my window and they were cutting down a very huge branch of a very large tree in my backyard.

Now this wasn't just any branch. It was part of the tree...but almost as big as the tree trunk itself...and should there be torrential rains and wildly gusting winds, this could find its way right through my window.

It was so interesting to watch. They worked very hard and not a movement was wasted. They were in complete control of the situation.

Then I remembered my camera sitting on top of my desk...so this is what I got through the window. The black bar is part of my window and I captured it.

We pay high maintenance here...but it's well worth it. We're protected! In the meantime, I've stocked up on everything so that I could live a month without leaving.

I've been through one hurricane and I've learned. It's the darkness I despise most of all. When it was pitch black, I'd sing ....
'hello darkness my old friend...I've come to be with you again.

Then I'd go into a troubled sleep...but the very next morning...the sun was brightly shining...and all was right with the world.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

virginia said...

i've never known anyone who got such a thrill over watching tree trimmers...something we take for granted and don't even think about.

only our dear hilda would find it just so interesting and captivating that she would take a picture and write about it

this would be her version of "stopping to smell the roses"! lol

Anonymous said...

Just wondering why they did it so
"late" this stuff should be done
BEFORE HURRICANE SEASON, oh well,
better late than never I guess.